Abdominal surgery are procedures that aim restoring the shape and skin of the abdomen area and can be either abdominoplasty or liposuction.
Abdominoplasty is removing of excess skin from the tummy that is difficult to lose through traditional weight loss or exercise. To remove the sagging skin.
The procedure involves:
• making incision across the lower tummy
• separation of the skin from the abdominal wall
• removing the excess fat and cutting the skin
• in most cases formatting new belly button
• stitching the cut and putting a garment on
It might take around 6 weeks for recovery from abdominal procedures. You should wear a special type of post-operative compression garment or abdominal binder to encourage your skin to heal properly and reduce any swelling and thus minimising the potential risks. Your surgeon might recommend wearing compression garments for at least 3 months after the procedure. We recommend combining this with KPad abdominal cushion.