The post-operative garments are the second half way to a beautiful result
“I’m not exaggerating when I say that an integral part of post-operative care, which forms a major part of a successful operation, is the post-operative compression garment. Why? Because wearing it immediately after surgery significantly affects the aesthetic appearance of the entire procedure. Therefore, it is more than obvious that it doesn’t pay to underestimate post-operative care. For that reason, I recommend LIPOELASTIC® garments to my patients. I have many years of experience with them,” says plastic surgeon Roman Kufa, Chief Doctor at Perfect Clinic – Plastic Surgery & Aesthetic Dermatology Clinic in Prague, Czech Republic.
What do post-operative garments do?
- They significantly minimize swelling and bruising after the procedure
- They speed up the healing process, allowing you to get back to the normal life you had before the operation as soon as possible
- Their compression reduces pain and the risk of infection
- They shape and stabilize your breast implants
- They prevent from asymmetry in your breasts occurring after augmentation, and finally the compression keeps the development of keloid scars to a minimum
Dr. Kufa advises to use the post-operative garments for 6 - 7 continuous weeks after the surgery. If a woman or man has already decided to go for a surgery, it’s good to have 2 - 3 special compression garments ready, to provide the feeling of support and cleanliness.